How to choose the best Marine Carpet for your project.
Finding the right Carpet for your project can be a little difficult when you are not familiar with Upholstery products or the Upholstery industry. With that in mind, What are your options? How do you choose? Do you ask a friend? Flip a coin? Or read a blog for help? We're glad that you're visiting our blog! Rest assured, after reading this Blog, your decision will be much easier.
Matching the best properties of each product is key to determining which one matches your needs.
The best Marine carpeting for your project will depend on your lifestyle as well as your needs and wants for the project, so let's talk about the qualities of Marine Carpet.
Benefits of Marine Carpet
- Marine carpeting is comfortable to walk on because it provides a padding which makes it feel plush and is aesthetically pleasing.
- It acts as a sound deadener when walking because the marine carpet absorbs sound.
- It offers good traction, making it difficult to slip or fall on your boat.
- Marine carpet is a great choice for barefooting on the boat as it is naturally cooler for your feet.
- Marine carpet comes in a wide variety of colors, textures and designs, including custom inlays and is available in 72” and 96” widths depending on which style you choose.
- Marine carpeting is manufactured with an oil, gas and water resistant backing.
- Marine carpet is UV stable, resistant to mold, mildew and is stain-resistant giving you years of enjoyment in the marine environment making it an excellent choice for your Marine flooring projects.
- Marine carpet is made of polypropylene which makes it easy to clean with a soft brush and a hose, and dries quickly.
- The types of Marine Carpeting available come in four series of carpet for you to choose from. It comes in 5200,5500,5800 and 6200 series carpet. Series 5200 is 72” wide and comes in a thick, dense cut pile, perfect in your need for a carpet with a very plush feel. Our 5500 series comes in a 72” wide Berber style polypropylene loop that is very dense that would be perfect for those areas in the interior where there is high traffic.Our 5800 series comes in 72” and 96” for some colors and is our most our most popular because of its varying widths available,durability and cost. Lastly, our 6200 series comes in 96” widths in five aesthetically pleasing colors and patterns.
So now that you have all this information, you are ready to choose what carpet would be best for your project.
View colors here
There is no right or wrong choice, which is the good news! This is where the old-fashioned method of compiling a list of important properties to your flooring can be useful. Remember that your neighbor's or friend's preferences may not be yours.